There are times when some desserts ask for more egg yolks than egg whites and we are left behind with so much egg whites; it keeps running in my mind that i need to make use of it some how and i know it makes most of us
I don't think much when i start searching for a recipe, i just look out for good pictures than the recipe method, and may be the title too, and and there... im so so happy with what i found at last. Just seeing the the word Espresso in the recipe made me tempt to make these lovely Meringues, you can see the original recipe here
ESPRESSO COFFEE MERINGUES
Yields: 30 nos
4 Egg whites ( left at room temperature for 30 mins)
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Instant Espresso Powder ( i used Nescafe )
3/4 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract ( opt ; but i used it )
- Adjust the oven rack to lower and middle postions; and pre-heat the oven to 275 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large clean bowl beat egg whites with salt until frothy. Add in espresso powder and sugar in a slow stream beating on medium until incorporated. Beat until glossy and stiff peaks form.
- Drop batter on prepared sheets using a rounded tablespoon. ( i used my ice cream scooper).
- Bake for about 2 hrs turning pans halfway through cooking, until the meringues are firm to touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 1 hour. Can be stored in a air tight container for upto 5 days.