Its more than 4 years that i have stared blogging, and only very few posts, i still have no celebrations of my bloggy b'days, i know i may have umpteen reasons to get away with an excuse for not updatings things properly, but at the same time only one reason to still continue with my blog baby, i love cooking and sharing. There are people like you all who still love and encourage me in doing my small passion.
Anyways apart from my stories, this recipe is our fav and this was in my draft for ever, i had saved it in draft for pretty long time, may be during my first year of blogging, and now i really felt i have to at any cost post our very favourite dish, just re-did it a few days ago and took pictures ; the pictures i took then with my point and shoot camera weren' so good; i know im still learning and need to go a long way, but still.... Now , back to the recipe an ever famous Indo- chinese appetizer. This is a dry version that i have made, making mere changes to the quantity of the ingredients you can make it a dry or gravy to your wish.
4 cups Cauliflower florets or 1 medium Cauliflower
1 cup All Purpose flour / Maida
1 cup Cornflour
1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
Salt to taste
For the Sauce:
2 medium Onion ( cubed )
1 Green Capsicum ( cubed )
3 Green Chilies
1 tbsp Ginger - Garlic paste
4 tbsp Garlic ( chopped )
2 Spring Onions ( white and green chopped seperately )
3 tbsp Tomato Sauce
1 1/2 tbsp Soya Sauce
1 tsp Vinegar ( opt )
1 tsp Pepper ( adjust to your taste )
Salt to taste
- Prepare a thick batter mixing all purpose flour, corn flour , chili powder & salt.( do not make the batter watery or a dripping consistency)
- Mix it with Cauliflower and keep it aside for 1hr.
- Heat oil & deep fry Cauliflower until golden brown and crisp.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in chopped garlic, green chilies and saute.
- Add in Onion, white of the spring onion and ginger - garlic paste, saute until just translucent.
- Add in the sauces, pepper and mix well.
- Mix in the fried cauliflower and add salt if needed.
- Garnish with Spring Onion and Serve