Well,as i got to know recently this is a famous recipe in Tamilnadu, and very well known as "Yenna Kathirikka".
5 medium sized bringals ( baby bringal are perfect )
1 big onion thinly sliced
1/2 tbsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp tamarind juice
2 sprigs coriander leaves
1/2 cup water ( adjust accordingly)
salt to taste
1/2 tbsp grated coconut
3 garlic pods
3 red chillies ( adjust according to taste)
4 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp pepper
1 pinch turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 red chillies
Wash and slit open the bringals and marinate with red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt with very little water for a few mins.
Heat 2tbsp oil in a pan and saute the bringals until half done and all the sides turn a dark colour, and keep it aside.
In the same kadai saute onions till translucent.
Add the fried bringals, ground paste, tamarind juice, salt and mix well.
Add 1/2 a cup of water and let the bringal get cooked.
Add coriander leaves.
Now for the tempering, heat oil in a pan add mustard, fenugreek seeds, red chillies and curry leaves, once the mustard starts spluttering, transfer it to the dish.
Serve hot with rice.
|My dear blogger friends have shared a fun meme,Here is the meme part:|
1. Where is ur cell phone: i don't have one :(
2. Ur hair: Black
3. Ur mother: sweet
4. Ur father: loving
5. Ur favorite food: appam and stew
6. Ur dream last night: i was fast asleep
7. Ur favorite drink: Cold Coffee
8. Ur dream/goal: be what i want to
9. What room r u in: living room
10. Ur hobby: painting ,music,i just don't stick on one
11. Ur fear: insects
12. Where do u want to be in 6 years: visiting India
13. Where were u last night: @ home
14. Something u aren’t: hmm....
15. Muffins: none
16. Wish list item: amma's lovely dishes
17. Where did u grow up: trivandrum
18. Last thing u did: cleaned our room
19. What are u wearing: nite suit
20. Ur TV: its off
21. Ur pets: no way
22. Ur friends: very few
23. Ur life: enjoying to the core
24. Ur mood: calm
25. Missing someone: parents and bro
26. Vehicle: yeap, a big one
27. Something ur not wearing: bangles
28. Ur favorite store: Target
29. Ur favorite color: Dark green
30. When was the last time u laughed: just a while ago
31. Last time u cried: while missing parents :(
32. Ur best friend: nims.
33. One place that I would go over and over: Trivandrum
34. One person who emails me regularly: friends
35. Favorite place to eat: home
Passing on to my all lovely blogger friends, please to collect it....Keep rocking gurls!!!