Its the day of roses, chocolates and love. Happy Valentines Day !!
Running out of usual ingredients gives a chance to try out with something new, thats what happened in this particular one, i wanted to make a normal Chocolate Coffee Pudding, but i ran out of dark chocolate, and thats when i substituted with ' Nutella ', but after tasting it, Nutella didn't work just as a substitute , it was lusciously heavenly, we loved it.
NUTELLA CHOCOLATE PUDDING - For the Valentine !!!
1 cup Milk
3 tbsp Sugar
1 1/2 tbsp Nutella
1 tsp Coffee Powder ( i used Nescafe )
2 tbsp Cornflour
3 tbsp Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix Cornflour to a smooth paste with a 3 tbsp milk.
- Heat the remaining milk, sugar, dark chocolate, nutella, coffee powder in a saucepan and bring to a light boil, stirring every time.
- Remove from heat and pour the milk- cornflour mixture into it, stirring vigorously.
- Return the saucepan to heat, and let it boil for 5 mins or until thick, stirring all the time.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Add in the slightly cooled chocolate mixture to the beaten eggs.
- Divide the batter in 4 ramekins.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 F for 25 -30 mins, in a water bath.
Notes: To prepare a " Water bath" , take a deep Baking Tray and place the ramekins filled with custard inside it and fill the tray with water, letting the ramekins just immeresed.