We have a very sweet yet very naughty little girl who's just turned two; and now she has started showing her part of personalities, i always get confused on her taste habit, very picky and at the sametime a total contrast, and i sometime find hard what to make her feed with, i just always keeps trying out something or the other from the usual food recipes, apart from the normal food we give for our little sweetheart. Its not that i give her a list of varieties, just wants a way to make her eat healthy food. That is how i tried giving some plain old normal idlis a makeover with some scrambled egg masala, and to my very surprise it was a great hit with my little love as well as hubby dear, and i was so much delighted to have come up with this.
STUFFED IDLY / MUTTA IDLY / EGG IDLY
Recipe Source: My Own
4 cups Idly Batter
1 big bowl Egg Masala Filling ( recipe follows )
Salt to taste
- Prepare the Idly Cooker,by adding water to 2 inch level and oil the idly mould.
- Stir the idly batter well, and check for salt.
- Spoon in 1/2 tsp egg filling in each mould, pour in a ladle of batter over the filling almost covering it.
- Stack up the idly mould plates alternatively giving space for each idly to rise.
- Place the idly moulds inside the cooker and cook for about 15 - 20 mins.
- Scoop out the idlis using a very cold spoon.
- Serve hot with Tomato Chutney
For the stuffing:
1tbsp Ginger ( chopped)
1tbsp Garlic ( chopped )
2 Green Chili ( sliced )
1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder ( adjust accordingly )
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Mustard
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan , pop mustard and add curry leaves.
- Add in ginger, garlic ,green chili and onion, saute until translucent.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric and saute, add in tomatoes salt and cook until mushy.
- Move the masala to the side of the kadai and add in the beaten eggs , salt , and scramble it.
- Mix everything well to get a scrambled egg masala.
Notes : You can get pretty creative by making your own masala choice and making different versions of stuffed idly.