We were far from trying broccoli until i had a stir fry from my friends home, it was so good, i never felt i was eating something i would have never ever tried, and felt bad to have kept away from such a great vegetable. From then on we bought lots and lots, and made different dishes.
This dish would come under the categories soup and a Side dish, whatever, this is one delicious food.
I want my little precious one to have some healthy stuffs, so broccoli is that kind of thing. Little kids taste buds change every now and then, and i too try hard in getting hold of new new recipes.I wrote down this recipe long back from our family friends cook book, and im happy that i have this yummy recipe in hand. .
Broccoli in a Cream Sauce
1 medium bunch Broccoli
1 cup Mushroom (sliced)
1/2 Onion ( sliced)
4 tbsp Garlic ( chopped )
1/2 cube Veg Flavour Bouillion ( i used Knorr Veg flavour )
3 tbsp All Purpose Flour / Maida
1/2 tsp Paprika powder / Red Chili powder
2 tsp Mustard Paste
1/2 cup Milk
3/4 cup Water
1 cup Thin Cream
2 tbsp Butter
1/2 tsp Pepper
Salt to taste
- Cut broccoli in medium florets. Put these in hot water with 1 tsp salt for 3 mins and wipe dry.
- Heat butter saute garlic, onions until translucent.
- Add Veg Bouillion, mushrooms and saute , add in all purpose flour, paprika, stir in continuously for 3-4 mins.
- Add in milk, water, mustard paste, broccoli, pepper, salt and mix, cook until the sauce thickens
- Add in Cream and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with Croutons.