Its like the most favourite thing for me now, i just love to try out every new recipes i get hold of, may be from a friend or from a news paper it doesn't matter.Now i can't say how much we love this curry, after my amma's special Mutton Curry i would opt this on for sure. This Mutton Kurma was served specially for us by our friend "Kalyani" when we visited her home last year. It was soo good, i really don't remember the menu other than this Mutton Kurma. The next best thing for me is that my little sweetheart loves this :)
Recipe Source: Kalyani2 lb Mutton
2 medium size Onion ( sliced )
1 Tomato ( chopped )
4-5 Green Chilies ( cut in half )
2 tbsp Ginger- Garlic paste
2 tbsp Red Chili powder
1 1/2 tbsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
2" Cinnamon Stick
1 Bay leaf ( big )
Salt to taste
1/2 cup Grated Coconut
1 tbsp Poppy seeds
1/2 tbsp Fennel seeds
- Pressure cook Mutton with 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder and salt. ( i usually use my Prestige cooker, 3- 4 whistles on a medium to high heat )
- Heat oil in a Kadai and splutter Cinnamon, Clove & Bay leaf.
- Add onion, ginger- garlic paste , and saute till translucent.
- Put tomatoes and green chili.
- Add Chili powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric and saute, add in meat and mix well.
- Grind coconut, poppy seeds & fennel into a smooth paste and add to the meat.
- Let it cook for a few mins, add in coriander leaves and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with Chapathy , Appam or rice