It was just a usual visit to my friend Smita chechi's home, and i was very lucky to taste her special Salmon pickle, and from then on i was hooked on to this. I've really lost the number of times i've made it :)
Salmon Fish Pickle / Meen Achar
Recipe Source : Smita Chechi
2 1/2 tbsp Red Chili Powder ( i used Kashmiri , adjust accordingly )
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
4-5 inch piece Ginger ( sliced )
1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
1/2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
1 1/2 tbsp Vinegar
5 tbsp Seasme Oil
1 lb Salmon ( cut in small square pieces )
1 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Marinate Salmon with Red Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder & salt for 1/2 an hour.
- Deep fry the fish , and set aside.
- Heat Seasme oil in a kadai and pop mustard and fenugreek seeds.
- Add ginger , garlic and saute.
- Add in the chili powder & turmeric and again saute. ( don't let it burn )
- Add in the fried fishes , and mix well, check for salt.
- Remove from heat and add in vinegar and mix well.
- Store in a clean dry bottle and refrigerate.